This committee promotes residential Green Building and Sustainability Practices through LEED for Homes and other Green Building Programs.
- The committee works towards developing collaborative partnerships with established residential building industry organizations.
- Help with facilitating the green building process for getting certification and tax credits
- Influence legislation to promote green building
- Coordinate definition of Green Building
- Get designers, builders and architects involved
- Help the Education Committee determine educational opportunities that promote residential green building
- Partners with other residential green building groups
Highlights of the Residential Green Building Committee:
We help to incorporate green homes in our Annual Meeting green building tour. We look forward to incorporating residential green building in our 2015 Annual Meeting green building tours. The committee would also be willing to explore hosting residential green building tours in communities across Montana—if you’re interested in participating in this effort please contact us.
The Residential Green Building committee aims to collaborate with and support like-minded groups in our Montana communities to help move forward the goal of transforming our residential built environment. We partner with Refuge Sustainable Building Center to put on the annual Build It Green Bozeman! Green Home Tour, a free tour of several eco-built homes in the Bozeman area that show formidable examples of green building techniques and energy efficient systems. This tour also provides an excellent educational opportunity to learn about innovation in the realm of green building.
We seek to offer members who are homeowners, builders, realtors, and green building enthusiasts a way to connect with each other to learn and share residential green building ideas.